In Dahab you can find dozens of diving centres. Most of them are attached to a Hotel or a Camp. After some years of laissez-faire mentality and a lot of diving-accidents, Dahab is now well-known as a very safe place to dive. Since 1999 all recreational diving has been regulated so that all divers must be accompanied by a professional, experienced guide.
You can find divecenters throughout the whole Dahab-Dealta: From the outer south and Blue Laguna over central Mashraba and Masbat to the northern parts.
- Compare the prices: some diving-centers start with unreasonable prices
- Do you want to go for PADI (www.padi.com) or CMAS (www.cmas.com)?
- Ask for the experience and educational level of the diving team
- Are the teaching-books included?
- Which languages are offered?
- Is the equipment in good condition?
- how big is the group? (more than 4 people is too much)
- how long are the courses? (Open Water is minimum 3-4 days, a course in 2 days is not professional)